Drop Stitch Cowl

By Thursday, November 07, 2013 , , , , ,


See my cowl here
I love Ravelry! It has been a wonderful resource for me as a knitter. It's free to be a member and gives you access to hundreds thousands of free patterns for both knitting and crocheting.  There are also patterns available for purchase. You can search for them on the site too! You can also stash your yarn and needles on the site so you can view your inventory online.

 What I love most though is you can queued things so you can go back and knit them later. You also have a projects portfolio where you can add pictures and notes in case you modified a pattern you used. You can also create your own patterns for others to use or purchase. 

In the patterns, you can also view yarn ideas where you can see what yarns have been used by other knitters and how many times. You can also view pictures to see if you like how that type of yarn knit up for the pattern. This is great for me because so many patterns call for super expensive yarn that I can't afford at this point in my life. (Cough cough, gorgeous Purl Bee patterns.)

One of the patterns I had queued was the Drop Stitch Cowl. It only took me about two hours to finish and was so easy to follow. What I loved is that it is knit in the round so it is seamless and you only have to weave in the ends! It also called for a bulky yarn and big needles so it knit up super fast. I love one skein projects!

Find the how to HERE!

What you'll need:
A Stitch Marker
Size 15  20 inch circular needles 
One skein bulky yarn- I used Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick in Lemongrass
An hour or two


0 comments