Another beer cozy for Carter

By Wednesday, February 10, 2016 , , ,


Ravelry
Kollabora

Yesterday, I blogged about this ribbed beer cozy that I made for Carter. Today I am going to share a second cozy that I made for him. It is another free pattern but this one uses sock weight yarn instead of worsted so it takes a little more time to make but the results are equally satisfying. I knit this one up while watching the Bengals vs. Steelers playoff game.  

I think I like this one slightly more than the other one because I really like how I lined up the self-striping sock yarn. I knit in a 2x2 rib for 1 inch at the top in black, then switched to the self-striping yarn for the body, and switched back to the black yarn for the base. I used up almost all of the self-striping yarn that I had leftover from some socks that I knit this past fall. 

Carter said he likes this cozy more than what I shared yesterday because it's more fitted to the bottle. However this is a thinner yarn so it is possibly less insulated?

Yarn requirements: Sock weight scraps
Needles: US 2 DPNs or 9" circular
Time requirement: 2 hours

Free pattern by Jessica Landers

0 comments