DIY Braided Bookmarks
- embroidery floss in assorted colors
- scissors, safety pin
|You can check these out on Kollabora too!|
- Cut 5 strands of embroidery floss that are around 24 inches long.
- Cut a 6th strand of embroidery floss that is around 30 inches long.
- Fold the 5 shorter strands in half.
|Make a "4" shape|
|Pull the string around the 5 other strings and through the loop you made.|
- You should now have a knotted section that is around 2 inches long.
- Divide the strands into 3 groups of 4 strands and braid until the piece is 21 inches long or your desired length.
- With a few of the pieces of string, thread through the holes of a button.
- Tie another knot to keep the button in place.
- Cut the ends of the string leaving an small tail.