All-in-One Envelope

By Friday, September 27, 2013 ,

When I was maybe 15...five years ago!!! My mom and I were at JoAnn's picking out some craft stuff. Now JoAnn's is my favorite! Seriously, if you leave JoAnn's paying full price for something, then you seriously have an issue. They always have sales and coupons going on which is awesome for a crafter on a budget! Anyways, on that particular trip I came across this HUGE book of scrapbook paper. Seriously at least a hundred pages of pretty prints! They were awesome and the book cost around $5. So I got it. The are two problems. The first problem is, I don't scrapbook. So on impulse I bought this huge thing of paper that I haven't used. The second problem is that I like to use things up. I don't like giving things away (especially craft stuff) because I don't know who will get my items and if they will even use them. Now this is strange seeing as I am not using it either.

But hey! I found out a way to use some of the paper. I like getting letters and last year while my boyfriend and I were at different schools, we sent snail mail. I have also used these envelopes to send letters to some of my other friends. It's really easy and a great way to send you pals awesome letters. Plus it's paper and envelope in one!

Step 1: Gather your materials. (12"x12" paper, scissors, ruler, and pencil.)

Step 2: Trim your paper so that it measures 8.5"x12" Now fold the paper in half hamburger style. (You can keep the excess paper and make paper beads or use for scraps, or recycle it)

Step 3: Fold one corner to the crease made in Step 2.

Step 4: Fold the corner diagonally opposite from the corner folded in Step 3 over to the crease made in Step 2.

Step 5: Fold the bottom up so that it lines up with the triangle made in Step 4.

Step 6: Fold the top down so that it lines up with the triangle made in Step 3.

*After Steps 5 & 6, there should only be the colored side of the scrapbook paper showing! The triangles mentioned are the patterned side. If you look at the pictures, this should make more sense. PS this should also make "pockets" that you will need for steps 7 & 8.

Step 7: Fold one half down into the pocket made when you folded the bottom up in Step 5.

Step 8: Repeat Step 7 for the other side Using the pocket made in Step 6.

 You're finished. Now write someone a letter, stick a stamp on it, and send it on its way!




I hope this made sense. I always find origami things tricky to follow. Hopefully if you found that the words were confusing you  were able to understand the folds based on the pictures!

Best of Luck!

0 comments