You can also check this project out on Kollabora here.
What you need:
12 skeins of embroidery floss
(I like to pin my laces <bracelets> to a pillow, jeans, or blanket as I work)
A note on picking your colors, you will be working with two sections of three stings each. If you want your laces to match you will want 2 skeins of each color (one for each lace.) With that in mind, you could arrange your strings:
111, 222, etc.
1. With the 6 strands, tie a knot about one inch down. Separate your colors into two sections of three strings. For the sake of simplicity color A and color B.
2. Holding all three strands of color A, make ONE* forward knot around all three strands of color B.
3. Keep color A on the side it was originally on.
4. Holding all three strands of color B, make ONE* backwards knot around all three stands of color A.
5. Keep color B on its original side.
6.Repeat steps 2 through 5 until you have reached your desired shoelace length. Tie a knot and cut so there is one inch of string after the know.
7.Repeat again for your second shoe lace.
This is a really easy beginner macrame/friendship bracelet pattern and its really stretchy which is great if you make your laces a little short. Experiment with colors and then show them off on your shoes!
*For any other friendship bracelet, you always make two forward/backwards knots around one string, but for this pattern you only make one knot!