Blog Update

By Wednesday, March 16, 2016



I am excited to tell you that this post has been a long time in the making! I have been wanting to redo and enhance many pieces of the blog for awhile but I have finally got around to doing this.

It's not perfect by any stretch but I am slowing updating the look of the blog piece by piece. If you had seen the blog before (unfortunately I forgot to take a screenshot of the old layout) compared to now, you may have noticed some major changes.

I am no HTML expert but I know a little bit from from a class I chose to take to fulfill my IT requirement for my undergrad. I am trying to pull pieces of that back to change some things but there are still pieces that I need to fix. If you are a blogger that uses HTML, where do you go when you have an HTML coding question? I would love to know!

I can share that these are the changes I have made so far:
1. About me section. I am hoping to add a picture soon too!
2. Updated social media links...these are sooo much better looking than my old ones! I am trying to figure out the coding to get these all on one row instead of a column. If you know how to do this, please let me know! :)
3. I don't think I had a subscribe form on the side before but hey, now that we are talking about it, feel free to subscribe!
4. Recent Instagrams...this was added awhile ago but one of my first changes I did on my update.
5. Popular posts. This is a new feature too!
6. Pages are now on the side of the blog. I am trying to get these under the blog header but whenever I try to do this, they remain in a single column instead of side by side. :(
7. The most obvious change! A completely new layout/theme. I love it! Do you?


Let me know if you have any suggestions for trying to make this a little more reader friendly! I would love to hear!

0 comments