First Fair Isle

By Friday, January 24, 2014 , , ,

Check me out on Ravelry
I ordered the yarn for this project last winter. I had never ordered yarn online but I decided I wanted to invest in some higher quality, nicer yarn. So I did. I hadn't touched the yarn until Christmas break when I found this pattern and the yarn matched the pattern gauge.

Lately I have been getting more adventurous in my knitting. I learned how to two color knit or fair isle for this hat and used double pointed needles as well! They were both much easier than I had anticipated-just like cable knitting! I am really excited to keep continue adding new techniques to my knitting repertoire.

Yarn used:
Malabrigo Merino Worsted in Emerald, Molly, and Tiger Lily.
(I got these from another site.)

Close Up

I had made a pompom for the hat but it wasn't as big as I had hoped for and did not want to waste anymore of the emerald yarn for another one. I really like it sans pom too!

With all the polar vortex chills and blistering winds, this hat has really came in handy. I also took it up to Michigan for a ski trip. Super warm and soft!

Switched to DPN at decrease round 



0 comments