Top 5 Beauty Essentials

By Thursday, February 05, 2015 , ,

I keep a very minimal makeup routine. If I am wearing makeup then I will only be using five products. They are effective and keep my makeup bag clutter free. Here are the five beauty products I can't live without.

1. Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine


I can't remember how I came across this beauty item but I think it was Pinterest. I added it to one of my Amazon wish lists and waited for the price to drop. I wasn't sure how I would like it but when I finally broke down and purchased it for $8 with free shipping, I was immediately glad I did. No regrets. Originally I thought that the normal list price was high at $12 but in retrospect, most lipsticks at drug stores cost anywhere from $7-10 dollars so I wasn't too far off. I was apprehensive to buy this because I wasn't sure how I would like the product. I can say that I love it. It leaves my lips soft and moisturized while giving them a soft tint slightly darker than my normal lip color. It's smells sort of like cotton candy but not too sweet and it looks very natural. This lip butter does not leave your lips feeling sticky like a traditional lip gloss. I think the little jar will last me a long time but I plan to buy more as soon as I start running low.

2. e.l.f. Smudge Pot in Cruisin' Chic

I got this on a gamble and I love it. I will say that I have only seen it in stores once but it is available online. When I run out, I will probably order some a few different color ways. It's another must have for me. It is easy to apply and looks great with my complexion, hair, and eyes. This eye shadow is thick and creamy and it stays on all day long. It's fairly smudge proof if you are one who tends to rub your eyes. I also got an application brush for $1 and so far it has held up great. e.l.f. products are available at Target, Walmart, and a few other places, including the mini mart on my college campus. I always get mine at Walmart because that's where I tend to shop but because I can't get links to the items there but the prices are identical at any store...even the mini market on campus that jacks up all their prices.

3. e.l.f. Triple Tip Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in Coffee

For $2, this eyeliner is a steal. It's way cheaper than most of the other liners I have tried and it is super easy to apply. The tip is very thin which allows me to have more control when applying it. The lines appear thinner and darker than a traditional soft eyeliner pen. This was the first product that really got me hooked on e.l.f.

4. Origins Have a Nice Day Moisture Cream

My dad got me this as a gift a few years ago and I love it. And yes, I am still using the same jar years later. You don't need a lot, just a small dollop of your finger for application on your whole face. It has SPF protection and leaves your face feeling soft and refreshed but not oily like some moisturizers. It is a year round cream suitable for daily use. When I am finished with this cream, I will go on to try another Origins moisturizer cream, They are expensive at $41 and up but I think they are worth every penny. I like the fact that Origins uses organic ingredients and environmentally sustainable practices to create their products. You can also bring previously unrecyclable makeup containers and tubes to an Origins location for them to send to recycle. You can read more about Origins here.

5. Maybelline New York The Falsies Volum Express Mascara

I tend to get my mascara at Krogers because they always send coupons for $2-3 off one Maybelline product. If I didn't like Maybelline then I wouldn't do this but I have found it to work well and it is very affordable, especially with coupons. I like to wait until the mascara I want is already on sale and then use my coupon. I usually end up getting mine for $2-3 between the Kroger's special and mail coupon.

What are beauty essentials that you can't go without?

0 comments