Basic Ribbed Socks

By Monday, May 04, 2015 , , ,




I posted way back in January about my 2015 knitting ambitions. I am falling behind. Miserably. It's been a crazy semester between classes, student organization board involvement and volunteering. I am still hoping that I can meet my goal and do some serious knitting this summer when I can take a FOUR month break from my studies. Whoop-whoop! Anyways, I did manage to get one of the 15 knitting ambitions crossed off my list. I made a pair of socks (and used up some yarn in the process.) Sidenote: there are few things in life that give me greater satisfaction then using something up all the way... pens, chapstick, lotion, yarn, you name it. 

Ah these socks. I am not a huge fan of the color but I already had this yarn on hand. I tell myself that when I use up my stashed yarn then I can buy myself some fun colors or patterning sock yarn but until then I will use what I've got.



I started these in January and made it to the heel of the first one when I realized it was going to be way too small for my foot. I decided I could A) finish making them and give them to someone with small feet or try to sell them or B) unravel and try with a larger needle. I ended up going with B. I switched to a larger needle and they fit! With school I can't devote a lot of time to knitting but I managed to get a few rows in here or there. 

Overall, this was a really easy, straight forward project. I was able to follow it completely without having to reference YouTube. I think they turned out pretty well for them only being the second pair of socks that I have knit! And it was a free pattern which is always a plus!

Now on to my next project and hoping that I can finish it a little faster!



Sock Details:
Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Sock Yarn in Basalt Heather (I used just over 1 skein)
Needle Size: US 2 DPNs


(Sadly I broke my Blog twice a month New Year's Ambition in April. :( I had this post all set up but between final projects, studying, final exams, packing up my apartment, cleaning my apartment, and moving home, time got the best of me. Here's to hoping that I can stick to the 2x a month for the rest of the year!)


0 comments