Cabled Hat

By Monday, December 21, 2015 , , , ,

My Hat
So...I started knitting this hat in May and then I finished it in October and now I am sharing it with you now in December. It wasn't that I didn't like this hat, it just seemed to be never ending. Maybe that's because I knit a row here or there and didn't really force myself to get it finished in a timely manner. Knitting in the summer for a winter object in a too small for you size really gives a girl zero motivation to get anything done.

About the pattern, this was Purl Soho's free Traveling Cables hat and it was lovely. The pattern was really straight-forward and easy to follow. I liked how the pattern had the cable pattern written out too instead of having to follow a chart. Plus they included some good pictures on how to do the cables which would be helpful if this was your first cable project.

I used Malabrigo Merino Worsted in Azul Buscando. I love this yarn. It's so soft and easy to knit with. Easily one of my favorite yarns.

It's been unseasonably warm here in Indiana but if you're looking for a cabled hat to try, you could give this a go. Plus if it's been warmer than usual where you're at, maybe this will be done by next winter if you finish projects as slowly as I do! :)

0 comments