Santa and some gnome/elves

By Friday, December 18, 2015 , , , ,

Gnome, Santa, Gnome

I've been a sucker for gnomes since I was 13 years old...almost ten years. Yikes! When I found a free gnome knitting pattern, I decided that I wanted to knit a few up using some of my scrap yarn. In case you were wondering, I have a lot of scrap yarn. Double yikes!

Anyways, I knit the two gnomes up over the summer. I was adding the finishing touches to one of them yesterday and decided to knit another with a red hat and red body to make him look like Santa. I guess you could say that these gnomes could double as elves too. It is almost Christmas after all! 


I modified this free pattern, Travelling Gnome, by using double pointed needles instead of straight needles. By doing this, I avoided having to knit up seams. I simply knit every purl row instead of purling it for the BODY portion. For the beard and bottom, I followed the posted directions.

I used 100% recycled yarn for this project too. Here's my tutorial on how to recycle yarn from old sweaters.

These were really quick, stash busting projects that would make a great little toy or stocking stuffer!




0 comments