DIY Toner & Astringent

By Wednesday, March 30, 2016 ,



As promised on my DIY green tea facial exfoliant post, two more DIY facial products. This time a toner and an astringent. I have read that it isn't necessary to use both a toner and an astringent because they basically do the same thing but I have been using both at the same time with no negative effects. I find it amusing that I made three DIY facial products that I had pinned years ago in under 5 minutes total. Since the ACV is smelly, I like to use it at night.

These are so simple and one ingredient each besides water!

What is an astringent? Astringent can help even your skin tone and minimize pores

What is a toner? A product that tightens skin and minimizes the size of pores.

Why I am using the ingredients:
- witch hazel:
- apple cider vinegar: anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral properties that fight and prevent acne. clears pores to let skin breathe.

Witch Hazel Astringent
Ingredients
- witch hazel: natural product that will decrease the size of pores and helps treat eczema
- water
Directions
- Combine equal parts water and witch hazel in a storage container.
To use
- pour a small amount on a cotton ball/pad and blot around face. Dry with a towel


Apple Cider Vinegar Toner - this will smell!
Ingredients
- apple cider vinegar, with the mother in it
-water
Directions
- Combine 1 part apple cider vinegar to 2 or 3 parts water in a storage container. You can add more or less water based on skin sensitivity.
To use
- pour a small amount on a cotton ball and blot around face. Let face air dry. I've been storing my toner astringent in the fridge and it feels nice and cool when I use it.


Astringent Source, modified
Toner Source
Witch Hazel Reference
Apple Cider Vinegar Reference

0 comments