Getting off my phone and procrastinating somewhere else

By Monday, April 04, 2016


Cell phones are amazing things. They can do so much and come in handy in so many situations. Unfortunately they can also serve as a massive, black hole for procrastination. There are only so many things that I can do on my phone before I need to crack down and get to work on more pressing things. I had noticed lately, that this was getting especially bad because my school responsibilities are dwindling down so I made a list of things that I could do to waste my time somewhere else. 

My goal is to spend more time in mindful activities not wasting it on social media sites. Another way that I get off my phone faster is that I have less than 5 apps that are games on my phone. These are unopened unless I am in the car for a long period of time. They are all logic puzzles too so they are helping my brain! Right?

1. Reading a book
2. Knitting
3. Cleaning
4. Adult coloring
5. Working out, in particular running
6. Doing stretches, pushups, planks, or arm weights
7. Random crafts
8. Working ahead in classes
9. Working on this blog
10. Reading the news. Hey! I actually do this on my phone. 


0 comments