Popsicle Stick Magnets

By Tuesday, February 16, 2016 ,



I don't know about you but Pinterest is my go-to source for inspiration on crafts and food ideas. I love Instagram for seeing random happenings but Pinterest is the ultimate source for recipes and tutorials. I am constantly being inspired there and while I absolutely love Pinterest for inspiration and ideas, I often feel I am seeing the same stuff over and over, even on the popular and everything feeds. Just when Pinterest seems to be losing its luster, I come across something and fall in love.


Cue these popsicle stick magnets. So simple, easy and cheap but so creative! Plus I had everything on hand. I randomly bought two GIANT boxes of popsicle sticks years ago and couldn't get myself to donate them. You can recycle popsicle sticks that you eat too. Finally getting to use some up. I used random fridge magnets that I already had that were an eyesore. These are much prettier to look at. I had picked up the paint (just the cheapest acrylic at Joann's for 69 cents a bottle.) So this project cost next to nothing for me. Talk about nearly instant gratification!

Ugly, random magnet to pretty popsicle stick magnets
When I first saw the pin that inspired these and as I made them with my roomie and then when I was writing this post, I kept thinking about this scene from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. :)
What you'll need:
Popsicle sticks
Acrylic paint
Magnets (reuse those random magnets you get in the mail)
Glue gun/super glue* 
Paintbrushes
Surface to paint on


To create this project you simply paint your magnets. However you want be that stripes, solids, dots, or something all your own!
Let the sticks dry completely.

Cut your old fridge magnets into strips slightly thinner than the width of a popsicle stick. You can get a bunch of strips from a single magnet!

Apply a thin layer of glue and attach your magnet to the back of your stick.

Let the glue dry completely.

Enjoy! :)

*A glue gun is fine if you're recycling thin fridge magnets you already have but if you are using thicker, stronger store-bought magnets, you might want to use super glue for better attachment. 

Source of inspiration: Pure and Noble (she even recycle her sticks from old popsicles!)


0 comments