Knit Earwarmers

By Sunday, October 13, 2013 , , , ,



I made ear warmers last winter. It knit up really quickly and was an overall easy project. It used less than half a of skein of yarn so can't complain there. They are great to wear in the winter and are totally in style too! You can also check this out on Kollabora here or on Ravelry here!

I modified this pattern for my ear warmers:



What you will need:
Size 10 Knitting Needles
1 Skein Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick (Mine was in Charcoal)

A Brief Rundown:
This project is knit in a berry stitch (Row 1: K1, P1, repeat; Row 2: P1, K1, repeat.)
Since my yarn was thicker, I only used 1 strand vs the two used in the pattern.
At the end, I knit a small piece in the berry stitch instead of wrapping yarn around the seam. I made a button hole and used a button for closure to make it pop!

For my seam coverer:
CAST ON 6
Row 1: K1, P1, REPEAT
Row 2: P1, K1, REPEAT
Repeat Rows 1 and 2 until the piece is nearly long enough to cover your seam.
(REMEMBER: you want it scrunched, keep this in mind when you measure!)
Row 3: K1, P1, K1, YO, P1, K1, P1
ROW 4: P1, K1, P1, K1, K1, P1, K1
(Yes, I realize this throws off the berry stitch a bit.
ROW 5: CAST OFF

Pre-assembly

0 comments